Annual Conference & Continuing
Updated June, 2016
Purpose/Function of the Committee:
To advise CAMFT staff on the planning of the Annual Conference and Fall Symposium
by recommending the program themes, presenters, topics, events, and promotions
to ensure that the Conference and the Fall Symposium are representative of
the diverse needs of the mental health profession.
Composition of Committee:
The Annual Conference and Continuing Education Committee shall be comprised
of a minimum of five (5) and a maximum of seven (7) members, a majority of
be clinical members of CAMFT. The Chair of the Committee is the Chair of
the Educational Foundation or someone appointed by the Chair of the Educational
Diversity in committee composition is desired.
Committee members are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the CAMFT
Board of Directors for a term of two (2) years. A new Committee is appointed
so there will always be two Committees serving concurrently (one Committee
will be in the first year of its term and one Committee will be in the second
of its term). A member may only serve as Chair for one term.
The Committee meets in-person or via videoconference two (2) times per year
(August and February) and additionally, as needed, via electronic means.
Responsibilities of Committee:
- Recommend educational programs and presenters for the Annual Conference
and Fall Symposium designed to meet the needs of the profession and diverse
- Promote the conference
- Promote sponsorships and exhibitor tables to members
- Select from presenter proposals submitted by potential Conference speakers
and select those most qualified and with topics most relevant to the
- Communicate with other Committee members via email as needed
- Committee members are required to sign: Committee Member Participation
Agreement, Conflict of Interest Policy, Anti-Trust Compliance Policy,
and Consent to Electronic
Purposes of the Annual Conference:
- To fulfill the charter provisions of the association.
- To provide a gathering place where members can meet informally with colleagues
to discuss mutual problems and share in professional development.
- To inform an audience of the important developments and trends in the
field through talks by knowledgeable speakers and, possibly, a display
- To develop a source of income.
- To permit association members to enjoy
themselves, network, and relax away from work.
- To attract and sign up new members through their attendance.
- To gain publicity for the association.
- To give members a sense of pride and satisfaction with the association
arising from the quality of the entire Conference
- To provide continuing education
hours of experience