Continuing Education Provider Approval Committee
Updated August 2017
The Continuing Education Provider Approval (CEPA) Committee serves as a BBS-authorized Approval Agency for providers offering CE to BBS licensees. The committee is tasked with enforcing the BBS Regulations, thereby improving Continuing Education all for CA BBS licensees.
Composition of Committee:
The CEPA Committee shall be comprised of a minimum of twelve (12) and a maximum of thirty (30) Clinical CAMFT members. CAMFT Board members may not serve on this Committee. Diversity in Committee composition is desired. Only licensed professionals will be considered for appointment to the Committee. No specific experience is required; Committee members will receive full training.
CEPA members are appointed by, and serve at the pleasure of, the CAMFT Board of Directors for a term of two (2) years. Terms are staggered and no member shall serve more than four (4) consecutive terms.
The committee will convene no fewer than two (2) times per calendar year to facilitate the ongoing training and refinement of the CEPA application process. The Committee is encouraged to use tele/video-conference for meetings.
- Develop continuing education provider approval guidelines
- Evaluate continuing education provider applications
- Approve continuing education providers
- Address appeals and consumer complaints
- Committee members are required to sign: Committee Member Participation Agreement, Conflict of Interest Policy, Anti-Trust Compliance Policy, and Consent to Electronic Transmission.
- Committee members who complete their two-year term and meet all the requirements specified in the course description will be awarded six (6) Law and Ethics CE credits.