Certified Supervisor Program Committee
Updated June, 2016
Purpose/Function of the Committee:
Oversee the development, implementation, modification, and evaluation of the
CAMFT Certified Supervisor Program and periodically review the clinical content
of the CAMFT supervision trainings.
The Committee shall meet no less than once per year, via tele/videoconference,
and as needed.
Committee members are appointed by, and serve at the pleasure of, the CAMFT
Board of Directors for a term of two (2) years. A member may serve as Chair for
Composition of Committee:
The Certified Supervisor Program Committee shall
be comprised of no fewer than three (3) and up to five (5) clinical members
Diversity in committee composition is desired. \
- Grant or deny the issuance or renewal of the designation of CAMFT Certified
- Oversee the evaluation of all documents submitted to qualify as a CAMFT
- Periodically review the various components of the Program, including
eligibility criteria, education/training/coursework, required supervision
supervision consultation, and written supervision case summary to determine
whether these components satisfy what is needed for an effective Program.
- Periodically review the fees charged to participate in the Program and
make recommendations for change.
- Recommend substantive modifications to the Program to the CAMFT Board
- Receive, evaluate, grant or deny requests for exceptions with regard
to required supervision experience, education/training/coursework, written
and supervision consultation, where good cause has been demonstrated.
- Review, evaluate, accept or reject education/training/coursework to determine
equivalency to CAMFT Certified Supervisor Program requirements.
- Address appeals and requests for reconsideration which are submitted
to the Committee.
- Evaluate and clarify issues of ambiguity or conflict within the CAMFT
Certified Supervisor Program.
- Periodically review the clinical content of the CAMFT supervision trainings.
- Committee members are required to sign: Committee Member Participation
Agreement, Conflict of Interest Policy, Anti-Trust Compliance Policy, and
Consent to Electronic
- Address other related issues as directed by the CAMFT Board of Directors.