Howard Levitt, LMFT
Thank you for considering my candidacy for the position of director at large on the board of directors at CAMFT.
As a Marriage and Family Therapist licensed in 1972 I have participated in CAMFT and supported its growth to become a strong and viable force in the field of mental health. I would like to utilize my decades of experience and expertise to help drive CAMFT to- ward robust growth and increased service to our members as we continue to move forward in the 21st-century.
Our profession is facing tough decisions regarding many issues including the changing healthcare system, challenges from other mental health providers, dealing with an ever more powerful Health Insurance Industry and continuing to enhance and expand the service we provide to our membership.
As a CAMFT member for over 40 years I have seen it is essential we work together to strengthen our profession. Many of our innovations were born in local chapters. I was honored in my chapter as 'member of the year' and was selected for the State Board in the 90's and most recently in 2017. I am well aware of the challenges that Board members need to resolve. I will bring to the State Board...as a member at large...my historical perspective on our changing profession.
My experience and expertise includes the following:
- Successful private practice for over 40 years
- Successful businessman running a nonprofit mental health center and a for-profit mediation service.
- Past Service as a State CAMFT Board member (1990’s & 2017)
- Over 40 years of experience on the local chapter level including “member of the year”
- College instructor
- Presenter at CAMFT Annual Conferences on “Building your Practice” and “Team Divorce Mediation”
- Leader of Mental Health delegations worldwide
Most importantly, I want to know what your concerns are and how can we meet your needs. I can assure you that if elected your concerns will be brought into the board room.
Thank you again for taking time to consider my background. Please vote for:
Holly Daniels for Director at large
Jeffrey Kashou for Director at large