CHAPTER OUTREACH COORIDINATOR
The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) is a state-wide member association representing the professional interests of more than 32,000 mental health professionals in California. CAMFT has 28 Chapters and a staff of 22 people.
CAMFT is looking for an Chapter Outreach Coordinator to cultivate and maintain relationships with Association Chapter boards and other entities; plan and manage the annual CAMFT Leadership Conference provide high-level CAMFT updates to Chapters; and staff various committees.
Requirements: College degree required. MFTs encouraged to apply. Strong analytical and written/verbal communication skills required. Governance background strongly preferred. Marketing, budgeting, and event planning experience. Excellent organizational skills. Good demeanor, confident, friendly and patient when communicating with any member or professional contact.
Regular travel required (up to 20%). The typical workday is 7:30 am-4:30 pm, with some weekend and evening travel. Great benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you think you are CAMFT’s next staff member, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
CAMFT is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION TITLE: Chapter Outreach Coordinator
BASIC FUNCTION: Cultivate and maintain relationships with Chapter boards, and other entities; provide high-level CAMFT updates to Chapters; plan and manage the CAMFT Leadership Conference; staff the Chapter Advisory Committee, Crisis Response and Education Resources Committee, Honors Committee, and Scholarship Committee. Frequent travel required (may be up to 20%)
- Serve as liaison between CAMFT and CAMFT's 28 Chapters by advising Chapter boards on governance, membership, financial, and state association issues. Conduct in-person visits to meet with Chapter boards to assess strengths and weaknesses. Advise on governance, operations, and best practices.
- Plan and manage the annual CAMFT Leadership Conference and Outstanding Chapter Leadership Awards.
- Manage Chapter Leader listserv with approximately 300 subscribers. Post content and respond to questions.
- Coordinate staff presentations for Chapters.
- Serve as a point of contact for and answer calls from individual members seeking information or assistance about Chapters.
- Write articles for The Therapist on member benefits and services, including the promotion of Chapters. Write additional articles as assigned.
- Staff the Chapter Advisory Committee.
- Assist in the promotion and staffing of the CAMFT Scholarship and Honors Committees and programs.
- Staff the Crisis Response Education and Resource Committee.
- Create and maintain an annual budget for the Chapter Outreach Program.
- Post content on CAMFT social media.
- Staff CAMFT and Counseling California exhibit booths.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIP: Report to the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications. Frequent contact with Executive Director, Legal Affairs department and Government Relations staff.
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIP: Communicate with individual members, Chapter boards, and Committee members.
- College degree required
- MFTs are encouraged to apply
- Analytical skills, with ability to assess complex information and promptly communicate such information to the membership
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
- Strong and experienced public speaker
- Professional demeanor, confidence, and patience when communicating with members
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Marketing, budgeting, and event planning experience
- Governance background strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office applications
- Savvy with social media
$51,000-$60,000 (plus overtime), commensurate with experience.
This position is classified as non-exempt.