MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
Role Purpose: Under the Program Manager for Supportive Housing Services primary leadership, the Harm Reduction Specialist (HRS) will assist residents with practical strategies and ideas aimed to reduce potentially negative and harmful consequences for residents who use substances or engage in risky sexual behavior and reside in MidPen housing properties. The HRS works directly with residents to ensure their personal choices don’t interfere with stabilized housing and to develop individualized goals for enrichment, stability, wellness and recovery as applicable.
Your day to day:
- Provide direct group and one-on-one services to residents and support community building activities at assigned properties.
- Experience in group Dynamics and group facilitation
- Strictly adhere to data entry and reporting protocols.
- Education through behavioral risk assessment
- Development of risk reduction strategies and overdose prevention/reversal training.
- Provide linkages and referrals to services agencies
- What you bring:
- HS Diploma and 4 years’ experience serving the needs of Supportive Housing populations and special needs (mental illness, substance use, co-occurring disorders)/ BA. degree in psychology, counseling, or related field preferred
- Experience working with and serving homeless populations
- Experience providing social services to diverse populations
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation, sick, and personal holiday accruals
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness platform and program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Creative collaboration in a fast-changing and crucially important industry
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly
We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success
We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions
We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders
We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find a community. Apply today!