CAMFT JOB OPENING
The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) is a statewide organization dedicated to the advancement of marriage and family therapists throughout California. CAMFT has 27 chapters and a staff of 23 people.
CAMFT is looking for a Managing Director of Clinical Affairs to provide leadership and direction for a communications strategy designed to promote and strengthen the Association’s reputation. The position responsible for developing, implementing and managing various communications strategies and programs that effectively describe, inform, engage, and promote the organization to both internal and external audiences. This position oversees all aspects of organization’s public relations and magazine (including advertising, editorial, and production), social media, websites, newsletters, and press releases.
If you think you are CAMFT’s next staff member, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CAMFT is an equal opportunity employer.
Managing Director of Clinical Affairs
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design strategy for communications and public relations of CAMFT to a variety of audiences (clinical, pre-licensed and associate members; clients/consumers; and stakeholders)
- Work collaboratively with staff to create and implement communications strategy
- The Therapist: Write, manage content, supervise production, oversee budget of bi-monthly magazine
- Websites (CAMFT.org and CounselingCalifornia.com): Write and manage content
- Newsletters: Write, coordinate, and oversee production of monthly newsletter to CAMFT membership
- Press releases: Write timely press releases on clinical topics for CAMFT and CounselingCalifornia.com
- Social media platforms: Write content for CAMFT and CounselingCalfornia.com’s social media accounts
- Staff volunteer committees: Coordinate and assist with facilitating meetings for the Clinical Editorial Council and the Crisis Response, Education, and Resource Committee
- Research and synthesize information and translate complex, clinical information into plain language
- Interface with various departments for content vetting, clarification, and concept maturity
- Coordinate multiple documentation reviews, incorporate feedback and changes with different departments while adhering to timelines and due dates
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested
- Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy or a degree that typically results in licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist; MFT license preferred
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills, with an ability to think strategically
- Interpersonal communication skills with an ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented multi-tasking with the ability to balance concurrent projects
- Ability to work well within a team environment and independently
- Self-starter who is assertive, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Must be available and willing to occasionally work extended hours or weekends as needed (during crunch times) to meet business needs
Salary commensurate with experience.
This is an in office position. Telecommuting may be considered for the right candidate.
Travel may be required for staff and committee meetings.
Internal Relationship: Report to the Executive Director. Supervises magazine production staff. Frequent contact with Executive Director, the Managing Director of Marketing and the following departments: Legal Affairs, Government Relations, and Education and Events.
External Relationship: Communicate with individual members, committee members, production vendors
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including vacation; 401k; medical, dental, and vision plans; and much more!
CAMFT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.